Trash Compactor Provisions
Vinings Run Condominium Association
Trash Compactor Restrictions
***Please keep in mind that as authorized by the Rules and Regulations of the community, The Board of Directors is empowered to levy fines up to $150.00 for each violation and/or to take whatever legal action it deems necessary to ensure strict compliance with the Rules & Regulations of the community.(General Provisions, Section 19.i).***
1. The Trash Compactor is provided only for residents of Vinings Run who are members in good standing in the community. A member in good standing is defined as a member who has current dues paid and/or who has entered into a formal regular payment agreement plan.
2. The Trash Compactor is for household trash generated by the residents of Vinings Run. Trash from outside the Community may not be brought in regardless of the circumstances.
3. The Association encourages all members to separate their trash from those items that can be placed in the Recyclable Bins. (Recyclables include glass/plastic bottles, jars, aluminum cans, newspapers, magazines, & office paper.)
a. Items To Take To The Smyrna Recycling Center located at: 645 Smyrna Hill Drive Smyrna, GA
Personal Computers (PCs), Monitors, LCD Screen / Flat Screen Monitors, VCRs, Radios, Stereos, DVD Players, Microwaves, Power Supplies, Rechargeable Batteries, Vacuums, Banking Equipment, Telephones, Pagers, Networking Equipment, Laptops, Keyboards, Mice, Power Cables, Medical Equipment (Non-Hazardous), Printers, Copy Machines, Fax Machines, Cell Phones, Transformers, Scanners, Portable Electronic Devices, Servers, HUBS, Ink Cartridges, Toner Cartridges, Remotes, Modems, Projectors, Cameras, Televisions ($10 Processing Charge).
b. The Center is open from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and 12 p.m. - 8 p.m. on Thursday, closed Sunday and Monday. Please call (770) 431-2869 or (770) 431-2863 if you have questions. www.ci.smyrna.ga.us
4. No Heavy, Bulky Items will jam the Trash Compactor, such items should be removed by the member at their own expense.
a. City of Smyrna option:
Large trash items (trash items too large for regular garbage collection such as mattresses, appliances, furniture, etc.) will be picked up when a work order request is made by the resident calling (770) 431-2850 or submit your request online at
5. No Lumber Or Home Improvement Bulk Trash Items
Removal of carpet and padding installed by a carpet contractor remains the responsibility of the resident's contractor. No contractor waste of any sort.
6. Any resident or renter (full-time or otherwise) who is found to be in violation of these provisions or who willfully and knowingly is found to be responsible for jamming or damaging the compactor will have their privileges suspended and will be held accountable for repair cost and additional pick-up charges should they apply.
7. All questions should be addressed via submitting a request online at Vinings Run Maintenance Request or by contacting Access Management at 770-777-6890.